This Gate Fold Shutter Card is a card that I taught at my classes recently. It features the lovely Real Red and Whisper White Sending Love Designer Series Paper stack. It is a lovely card for a Valentine’s Day or another special occasion. The shutter opening inside creates a nice surprise as you open it.
The ladies at my classes enjoyed making this card. The Real Red and Whisper White colours are very striking on this card and perfect colours for Valentine’s Day. I used the red side of the Sending Love DSP Stack on the front, and the more white dominant side of the paper stack for the inside.
This card has a belly band. Tomorrow I will share with you another way to finish off the card so that it can stay closed.
Would you like to learn how to make the card?
You may have missed out on coming to my class, but you can still learn how to make. I am offering to show you how to make this card as part of a kit. You can then learn how to make it in the comfort of you own home, at a time that suits you. This is a wonderful card to make and it would wow your family and friends. As well as a great card for Valentine’s Day, it would also make a lovely Anniversary card, or a special birthday card for someone you love.
The kit will include enough materials to make two of these cards.
What does the kit include?
- An instruction sheet on how to make the card, including measurements
- Access for you only to a video online to show you how to make it
- Real Red and Whisper White Cardstock scored and cut. The banners for the shutter will be pre-cut, along with the Stitched Shapes Framelit for the front.
- Sending Love DSP Stack cut to size
- Sending Love Embellishments (2)
- Whisper White Envelopes (2)
Please note: Embellishments and design of paper may be different from the ones shown in the photos above, but they will be from the Sending Love DSP Stack and embellishment pack.
What will you need to provide:
- Real Red ink pad
- Word stamps to stamp on the front and inside your card. These do not need to be the same as the ones shown here, just a similar size so they fit in the cut framelit and within the circle.
- Adhesive – Tape Adhesive and Dimensionals. Liquid Glue if you prefer this to adhere DSP to cardstock. Mini Glue to adhere the embellishment to the card
- A circle die or punch approx 2″ to cut out the circle on the inside of the card
The cost for this kit, including postage is only $12. Once you know how to make this card you will be able to make more using other colours and papers that you already have. Please note, this kit can only be sent within New Zealand. If you would like to purchase the instructions only, please contact me directly.