Do wonder which cardstock to use when you are watercolouring? When using water you need to have cardstock that can absorb the water without effecting it. Today I will share with you the two best Stampin’ Up! paper/cardstocks to use when watercolouring.
Stampin’ Up!’s paper/cardstock for watercolouring.
- Watercolour paper: It absorbs water to keep the paper flat give you a high-quality finished look. You can use it with Classic Stampin’ Ink, Blender Pens, and Aqua Painters.
- Shimmery White A4 Cardstock: This also absorbs water and has a delicate shimmer on both sides. This is not as thick as Watercolour paper.
For the card above I have used Shimmery White A4 cardstock.
The Shimmery White A4 Cardstock comes in A4 size and in a pack you get 10 sheets. The Watercolor Paper is smaller in size. It is 6″x 9″ (approx 15cm x 22cm) and you only get 5 sheets per pack. Both are great to use, but Shimmery White Cardstock is better value.
An Aqua Painter is a great tool to use when you are watercolouing. There water is inside the barrel of the brush, so it is always ready to use. There are three ways to use it:
You can watercolour with:
- ink that has been pressed onto the lid of a closed Classic ink pad.
- a drop or two from an ink refill onto a clear block.
- Stampin’ Up! Watercolor Pencils.
When you next place an order, why not order an Aqua Painter and either some Shimmery White Cardstock or some Watercolor Paper and give this a go.
Remember during the month of August, Stampin’ Up! is offering the Colour Your Season products and this includes a new set of Watercolor Pencils. (These may feature in a future catalogue.)
So when you plan to do some watercolour, remember to use either Shimmery White A4 Cardstock or Watercolor Paper and then you will get the best results!
Stampin’ Up! Independent Demonstrator from Auckland, New Zealand
If you would like to purchase any Stampin’ Up products, please feel free to contact me, or you can shop online anytime directly through my Stampin’ Up! Online Store by clicking the ‘shop now’ button above.
Or if you’re thinking of joining Stampin’ Up! and would like to join my team, I would love to hear from you.
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.