I use the Multipurpose Liquid Glue a lot on my cards and other projects. This is also sometimes known as Tombow. It may be a small bottle, but it can go a long way with careful use. It adheres cardstock, Designer Series Paper, textured card, embellishments, 3D projects, etc, really well and quickly. It also gives you a little time to adjust the placing of the piece you have adhered, if you need to. It dries clear too.
I don’t like to waste any of the glue left in the bottle, but it can sometimes be difficult to get the last of it out, so here is a tip on how I try and use it all up. Beware that you may get sticky hands when you do this and you will need to wash them well afterwards!
As you can see from this photo, I have accumulated a few nearly empty glue bottles and now I am ready to get what I can out of them!
How to use up as much of the Multipurpose Liquid Glue as you can:
1) Put scrap paper down first on the surface you are working on, as it is likely to get sticky.
2) With one of the glue bottles that is nearly empty, take the green cap off the larger end. Out of all your near empty glue bottles, feel the weight of them and use the one that feels the heaviest for this as it will most likely have the most left in it. Then pull off the glue applicator and keep this safe. Now you have a hole to put some of the extra glue into.
3) With some old but sharp scissors, cut the near empty glues bottles open.
4) Use a plastic knife or ice block stick to scrap out any of the leftover glue. You may be surprised by how much is still in there!
5) Carefully wipe the glue into the hole of the first bottle you took the applicator out of. You may have to gently squeeze the bottle a little to get rid of any air bubbles. Keep this bottle upright at all times. Use a cup to hold it in if you need to.
6) Once you have got out all the glue you can, wipe around the hole with a damp cloth or wipe to clean it. Replace the glue applicator and put on the green lid. Collect all the empty bottles and scrap paper and throw them all away. Wash your hands well!
I hope you have found this useful and you are able to get some more glue out of your Multipurpose Liquid Glue!